Beyond replacing the windows in your home, there are also improvements that need to be done to the doors. When considering improvements for the entrance and exterior doors, you want them to be secure and resistant to weather damage. Therefore, you want to choose the right style of door and features to get the most out of these investments. The following door replacement projects will help make your home secure to weather any storm:
Attractive entrances with reinforcement
The biggest area where you will want to update doors is the main entrance to your home. This can often present challenges due to the design features that you may want to add to the main door opening. You are going to want to make sure that the entrance doors have features that include:
- Tempered and reinforced glass
- Solid wood or steel materials
- Hardware features that help to reinforce the entrance
These are some of the features that you are going to want to make sure your front entrance door has to ensure it is safe and secure.
Reinforcing door openings
Reinforcing the door openings is one of the most important improvements that need to be done. These improvements should start before the door is installed in the opening with reinforcement that is added once the old door is removed. Solutions that can be done to reinforce the openings include:
- Adding steel plates to reinforce structural framing
- Using long structural screws to fasten door frames
- Using screws in hinges and locks that fasten to structural framing
These are reinforcement improvements that should be done when installing new exterior doors that are secure and storm-resistant.
Glass doors that are designed for security
Glass doors can also be improved with the right features to make them more secure and safe. Some of the following improvements can be done to the glass in exterior doors to make your home more secure:
- Using tempered glass for sliding door
- Reinforcing the structural framing around doors
- Installing glass films to make doors shatter-resistant
These improvements can be done to exterior doors to help make your home more secure.
Improvements to other exterior doors for security
There are other exterior doors that will also need to be updated when doing improvements to your home. Some of the things that you can do to improve other exterior doors to make your home secure include:
- Making sure the opening is reinforced
- Installing better locks and hardware
- Replacing glass and other fragile parts
These are some of the things that can be done to other exterior doors that need to be updated and more secure.
The door improvements will help make your home secure to ensure you are ready to weather any storm. Contact a door replacement service for more information.